Definitions Introduced at the AATH Conference
Thanks for attending my April 20th workshop at the AATH Conference. As promised, these are the definitions I introduced:
In a Safe, Sacred Space ~
- I get to feel exactly what I feel.
- Every single corner of my being is loved and lovable.
- I am seen. I am heard. I am honored. By me. By a few carefully chosen people.
Grief ~ The automatic, internal response to loss. Everyone grieves. Our grief expresses itself in 100s of often surprising and confusing ways.
Mourning ~ The external expression of grief; “going public” with our grief. Pushing grief “up and out.” Mourning is a path to healing.
- Socially unacceptable after a few days
- Friends/family have a strong desire to get you to STOP feeling the feelings
- Belief that feeling the feelings IS the problem. Feeling the feelings is the solution.